Sunday, October 15, 2006

Some fun things

Camping. Friday and Saturday evenings I went on my last camp out for my last calling. It was a great time with amazing stars, clean air, good company, plenty of rock formations to climb and wildlife. I saw a wild raccoon for the first time in my life and a huge owl. We got photos of the owl and of a woodpecker. I don't know what kind they are but the photos should be good enough for recognition.

A lot of my best memories involve being outside and seeing the beauty. Maybe all except for some births, baptisms, and things of the most human sort. My only conclusion from that is that perhaps I ought to take a bit more time for recreating . . .

I'm starting a bird photo collection. I'm pretty excited about it actually. The goal is to photograph as many different species as possible. Right now I'm at two with the owl and the woodpecker. I want to put the photos somewhere on the web. Perhaps Geocities or Flicker or something. I'm not sure the right place. Just want free and easy.

pbwiki.com The coolest free and easy sight I know about right now is pbwiki.com. You can start your own wiki in about one minute and from there it is super-easy to modify into whatever you want. The wiki is extremely easy to edit and can be password protected so that only a certain group can edit it. You can upload photos and files etc. and add pages with no real hassle. I think it is an awesome tool for collaborative creation of whatever you want to make. But right now I just use it to collect all the different ideas that I need to write down in one place that is easy to organize and accessible from anywhere.

Graphics. One thing I really haven't wanted to face is programing graphics. For whatever reason it just hasn't interested me very much. That's a shame because that is a super-important part of anything like a game or web-page. But that's that for now. I love text. I really like structure. (By structure I mean math, physics, game-rules, etc.) But not the graphics so much.

So what the heck. Maybe I'll focus on what I want to work on this week. Maybe this week I'll look at following a song and measuring how well that song is followed over time.

Oh. I got a new calling that should be pretty darn fun: ward website administrator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home