Thursday, June 01, 2006

By July 15th

Part of the game that I'm playing is that I want to see how much I can do without spending any money. I hope that when it becomes truly necessary I will know to abandon that mode of operation. Right now I want to acquire an appropriate web domain and create an appropriate website. I want the product to advertise the website and the website to advertize the product. I want to make sure that anyone who has the product will know where to go to get another copy.

Anyway, that means spending money, if not too much. So how can I play the game? It is time for the company to start paying for itself. Another way to say that is it is time for me to do some of the real work. It is time to try and sell.

But it is also time to keep on trying to make sure that there is something worth selling. So I want to keep working on improving SongPiper. (I'm not settled on the name yet. If you have better ideas, let me know!)

That requires two separate goals for this session, one to obtain a certain amount of cash, and one to make some improvements. Here they are:

By July 15th of 2006 I hope to
  1. Sell 5 copies of SongPiper at $20 a copy.
  2. Make 3 substantial improvements in the program:
    1. Improve look of flashcards using Sam Baird's scheme and graphics or something similar
    2. Enable the user to enter in their own note sets
    3. Enable the user to play middle C on demand
I believe that the first goal is not too ambitious but I really don't know yet. I don't know how I shall go about doing the selling. Any ideas? The second goal I think will be challenging but doable given my current time constraints. What I hope is that I will be able to make many more improvements than that.

Is the focus wrong here? Should I be trying for leverage in my sales by selling to groups rather than to people?

Doug

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home