Sunday, May 21, 2006

Task 2 week 5

I was pretty down about things this week. I was getting lost in a maze and June 1st was rapidly approaching. I hadn't made concrete progress all week. Not only that but Denis hadn't been able to contribute like he wanted and decided to back out formally.

Friday night I thought about things. Should I back up and make a new goal that would be more appropriate to the current situation? It would make total sense.

But somewhere inside was the knowledge that I didn't want to give up. The only thing was Gina. Would she agree to let me make an extra effort? Would she be willing even to sacrifice so that I could? (Nothing I do gets done in a vacuum. Extra effort somewhere means sacrifices elsewhere. In this case it means that I will be working a bit in the evenings and mornings as I can fit it in. That means extra effort from Gina.) She assented. So I'm going for it. I think we can have something that is worth being proud of by this June 1st.

Actually, the whole thing is getting to be pretty fun. Meaning, not just the process of making the product but playing with the product itself. The product is becoming fun. And it's getting better.

Thanks Gina! This is going to be fun.

This week's concrete progress: I learned how to get arbitrary gifs onto the GUI and to update them during run time. And I made most of the appropriate gifs. (I know. It's not too impressive. But it is all a necessary part of this first product.)

Doug

1 Comments:

Blogger Bart said...

Very cool. Gina rocks. And so do you.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 6:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home