Sunday, April 30, 2006

Task 2 week 2: glacial progress

The progress seems glacial. And yet what I learned how to do this week will be crucial. I learned how to have two different programs coordinate their timing with each other. Specifically I wrote a little thing that turns on my pitch detector which then goes about producing a note. Immediately after that note is stored control of the CPU is handed over to a second program that uses the value of that note. The next step is to improve on that second program so that it will paint a picture that will alert the user to frequency of the pitch being detected.

So back on March first I went to a meeting with Denis. I felt like there were two babies that needed to be born. The first I felt like I was in as good a position as anyone in the world to bring to fruition. The second I knew I needed to hand it off to someone qualified. Denis was nervous about the first and excited about the second. So we started learning to program. It's been fun.

The first baby still looks exciting. Am I crazy to be considering twins?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home