Sunday, May 28, 2006

Summer goals: academics

The summer lasts until some time toward the end of August. Here is what I hope to do before the first day of Fall Semester:
  1. Complete every problem in Sakurai's Modern Quantum Mechanics
  2. Perform a full signal analysis for coherent 2-photon interferometry.
  3. Form a reasonable model of cross-Kerr nonlinearity and linear absorption in atomic mercury in the transparent regime.
The last two are subject to the vagaries of research. In other words if my bosses or just the direction of the fields I am working in require that I work on something else I will do that. If they don't, this is my course of action.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Doug,
I like your goals. When I read them I laughed to think how different we are as people. I don't have any concrete goals for the summer, maybe I should make some up :). If I do I will tell you what they are. Good job on your program.
Love,
Heather

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home