Sunday, September 24, 2006

Begin Again.

Time to begin again.

Here is a pass or fail goal. It is difficult enough that I may well fail. But it is this: write a tune-scrolling game using pygames this week. It needs to display a tune and scroll it across the screen. You have to keep up with it by pressing the names of the notes as they go by. It will speed up as time goes by.

SongPiper is important. Even if only for learning. We can learn to build and sell products. We can learn to work together effectively. We can learn to build a company. This is a great time because we all have the income we need from other sources and yet we are all young and ready to do and to learn. This endeavor can only open up opportunities for the future.

All the advice I've read says to make a simple product and release it soon. That way you get feedback before you elaborate on a useless concept. That makes sense. But I haven't really liked releasing something that I'm not too proud of. What good is feedback when what you release is imperfect in many obvious ways?

I do want metrics. I want immediate feedback on what I'm doing. I want to make this thing into a game with points so that I can know if I'm doing a good job. But there are no points. I have to figure out what it means to do a good job . . .

Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home