Sunday, December 10, 2006

Who should clean up the bathroom?

Okay. Here is something that is on my mind a bit.

First, I know that my primary responsibility is my family, including myself. That said, tell me this. We have about 6 billion people on the earth and all of us share some problems. How much responsibility should we each take for these shared problems? How much should we do to prevent irreversible changes to the planet? How much should we do to help cure diseases? To prevent unnecessary deaths due to innefficiencies? To feed hungry children?

Anyway, the point isn't to try and find problems. The point is to talk about responsibility and life choices. The thing is that if every person focuses only on taking care of his or her family the side effects of that inherently good and important process may do real and irrevocable damage. On the other hand 6 billion seems like a large enough number that if that group works with any kind of unity a lot could be done.

Anyway, goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home