Sunday, June 25, 2006

Getting Specific

This is a lot more exciting when I have goals that are aligned, challenging, and very concrete. Here are my goals for this week:
  1. To sell my first copy of the program
  2. To give it the ability to read note orders from text files and use that ability to renovate the levels offered by the game.
This past week or so I have been trying to make daily progress on the program. And I got the MIDI to work at the push of a button for the JDK. And then I figured out how to get it to work for the JRE (turns out you have to alter the JRE slightly to get it to work there.) And I've learned how to read and write files and created my first little code for musical notes. But in my spare time, that is in my time walking around campus or sitting on the bus I've been reading up on Python. I'm thinking of switching over . . .

Does anyone want the honor of purchasing the very first copy of SongPiper ever sold? The going price is $20. This is the only chance to be the first person ever to buy.

Doug

1 Comments:

Blogger Bart said...

When you're really off the ground and running, maybe I could head up the sales side of things. By that time (in a few years or so?), I should have some good experience at Dell under my belt. :)

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 8:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home